Branch of a UAE Company
The following documents (notarised and/or attested as indicated) are required from the applicant before a Certificate of Branch Registration and Commercial Licence can be issued:
- Stage 1: (Provisional Approval)
- Application Form
- Passport copies for General Manager
- Valid copy of trade license issued by department of economic development – DED
- MoA and AoA of Parent Company (If applicable)
- Stage 2: (Registration)
- Resolution for the Incorporation of a branch of a UAE company, to view the template – click here
- Conditional Documents
- Declaration of Appointment as General Manager
- Approval document or No Objection letter from a government authority if the company is undertaking a business activity that requires such approval (View Details)
- Power of Attorney for Legal Representative/ Negotiator (if any), accompanied by passport copy of legal representative
- Registration Fees AED 3500.00
- Licence Fees (As per the Decision)
An additional fees of AED 10 as “Knowledge Dirham” and AED 10 as “Innovation Dirham” is applicable per transaction.
- Process Duration Stage 1: 10 working days
- Process Duration Stage 2: 2 working days
- All required documents more than one page must be sealed, notarized & attested.
- Powers of Attorney need to be accompanied with a valid passport copy of the Attorney.
- The Authority reserves the right to ask for any extra documents, it may deem require.
- Board Resolution and/or Power of Attorney for the General Manager must state the General Manager’s full name as per passport including nationality and valid passport number.
- The required documents must be in English and / or Arabic. Documents in any other language must be accompanied by a certified English or Arabic translation.
- Where the application form is completed and signed by the applicant in person at the Dubai Development Authority, the applicant’s signature will be certified by Dubai Development Authority personnel.
- Where the application form is completed and signed by the applicant outside the Dubai Development Authority, the applicant will need to have his/her specimen signature notarized.